These tongue-tingling, spicy, yet fresh green curry chicken wraps are mouthwatering, and just so quick and easy to make! I was missing summer in Uganda and so I was craving these chapati egg wraps, which they call “rolex”. Therefore, I decided I wanted to make my own version of chapati wraps. Since I was feeling a little lazy, I wanted to buy ready-made chapatis (even though I secretly know they are really not comparable to the real deal). Sadly, they ran out of them in the store.. but I guess everything happens for a reason. So I ended up using tortilla wraps.. Long story short, these green curry chicken wraps were a total improv, but they certainly were a treat to my taste buds!
Ingredients for two
○ 2 chapati or tortilla wraps ○ 350gram chicken thighs ○ 2 tablespoons green curry paste (store bought or homemade) ○ 2 cloves of garlic ○ 1 red onion ○ 1 red bell pepper ○ 1 red chili ○ 1 lime ○ 1 small handful of cilantro ○ 1 cucumber ○ 1/2 a cup Greek yogurt ○ 2 tablespoons mayonnaise ○ salt and pepper to taste
Making the wraps
○ Chop the onion and garlic, and fry it in a large pan. Meanwhile, cut the chicken thighs into bite size pieces, slice the chili, and add this to the pan. Once the chicken starts to cook, add the green curry paste and stir. Then slice the bell pepper.
○ Grate the cucumber and pluck (most of) the cilantro. Combine these ingredients in a separate bowl. Add the juice of half a lime, its zest, and add salt and pepper to taste. I know, its super simple, but this cucumber salad is probably the secret ingredient to these super easy, yet delicious wraps.
○ In a separate bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, the mayonnaise, the juice of the other half of the lime and the rest of the cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
○ Now add the green curry chicken, vegetables, cucumber-cilantro salad and cilantro-lime yogurt sauce into the tortillas (or chapatis), wrap it all up, and that’s it!
Seriously, these wraps were mind-blowing. They were perfectly fresh, perfectly spicy and incredibly juicy. Especially if you’re a big cilantro fan like me, you need these wraps in your life!